We’ll Accept Your Dental insurance
We know that a lot of people rely on dental insurance to afford their dental care, which is why we strive to make it as easy as possible for people to use their coverage here at Westcliff Family Dentistry. If you have a private insurance plan, one from your employer, Medicaid, or CHIP, then we’ll accept it and ensure you maximize your benefits. Dental insurance can be a little bit confusing if you aren’t familiar with it, so below, you can learn a little more about the best ways to utilize your policy whenever you come to see us.
Key Terms to Understand
Knowing what these terms mean will help you quickly decipher your dental coverage:
- Preventive: This refers to treatments like checkups, cleanings, X-rays, dental sealants, and fluoride treatments.
- Basic Restorative: This covers services like bonding and fillings.
- Advanced Restorative: Crowns, bridges, dentures, extractions, and root canal therapy are all considered advanced restorative treatments.
- Cosmetic: Typically this means treatments like teeth whitening, porcelain veneers, and direct bonding.
- Annual Maximum: The highest dollar amount a plan will pay for care in a given year. Typically, this amount resets either at the beginning of the calendar year or 12 months after someone began the policy.
How to Get the Most Out of Your Plan
Every dental insurance plan is unique from provider to provider, but most offer coverage that looks something like this:
- Preventive care is covered 80-100%
- Basic Restorative is covered 50-70%
- Advanced Restorative is covered 20-50%
- Cosmetic services are usually NOT covered
For the majority of people, it’s best to use insurance to primarily pay for preventive services. By taking this approach, you’ll receive the most savings possible, plus getting regular checkups and cleanings will dramatically lower your chances of needing more advanced treatments that have less coverage.
We Offer In-Network Savings & Welcome Out-of-Network Plans
Westcliff Family Dentistry is an in-network provider with all PPO dental insurance plans, which means we’re able to offer patients the highest discounts possible. However, if you do not have a PPO plan, we can still likely use it to help you save. Just give our office a call so we can go over your benefits. You’ll probably be pleasantly surprised by the discounts we can offer!
We are in-network with the following insurances:
- Ameriplan Red
- BCBS (Dental Network of America)
- BCBS Fed
- Cigna Healthsprings
- GEHA/Connection Dental
- Delta Dental PPO/Premier
- Humana/Humana Fed
- United Healthcare
- United Concordia
- Tricare (Military Retiree)